Access to NaraThe instruction to access to Nara and tips for public bus, which Dr. Stefan Ritt compiled, is available (click here). All the pictures are enlarged by clicking.
from Kansai Airport (KIX)
- Limousine bus: Kansai airport → JR Nara (~95min., 2000 yen)
- Kansai-airport - (Nankai-line) - Nankai-Namba - (Kintetsu-line) - Kintetsu-Nara (~90 min., ~2000 yen)
- Kansai-airport - (Nankai-line) - Shin-imamiya - (JR) - Ten'noji - (JR)- Nara (~90min., ~2000 yen)
Try Norikae-Annai (train/bus route finder) by Jorudan Co. Ltd. to find a connection.
(type in Kansai-Airport to Nara, or Kansai-Airport to Kintetsu-Nara)
From Narita airport (NRT)Not recommended. There is only few connection flight from Narita Airport to the airports in Kansai area. From Narita, Shin-kan-sen (super express train) is much frequent service, but it takes about 3~4 hours.
From Itami airport (ITM)Itami airport does not have international flights. But there are many flights from other international airport, Narita, Nagoya, Kyushu and so on. Limousine bus bound for Nara is available. Timetable is here.
Access to the conference site
- Conference venue (Nara Prefectural New Public Hall / Ken-Shinkokaido) is within walking distance from two major Nara stations.
- Buses are also available within Nara city. The detail information on buses will be available here.
Travel guide by the Nara city sightseeing